Call us today at 201.438.7500 or request a quick free quote or more information.
Insurance Covering Wholesalers and Distributors
You may offer your customers the value of a broad range of goods from a host of suppliers. What would happen if you couldn't deliver the goods? What if:
- Just before your peak season, your warehouse stocked to capacity, a fire destroyed your entire inventory. Do you have enough property coverage for the increased inventory values?
- A carrier you've hired to deliver your merchandise flips and bursts into flames. Would you be covered for your loss of goods? At Professional Insurance Associates we work with the \ National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) to offer wholesaler-distributors comprehensive insurance coverages tailored to your size and scope - whether a small local supply business or a large multi-state distributor - so you can concentrate on meeting the needs of your customers.
Coverages Tailored for Your Needs
Here are examples of coverages you can consider:
- Accounts Receivable. Protects you from the inability to collect outstanding balances as a result of loss or damage to your account records from a covered cause of loss.
- Business Income from Dependent Property. This coverage provides increased protection under the Business Income Dependent Properties section of our policy. In addition, this coverage extension applies to unscheduled dependent properties.
- Computers and Media. Provides coverage for your computers, peripheral devices and media. Coverage is also provided for the costs to research, replace or repair lost or damaged data or software when it is caused by covered damage to computer equipment, electrical or magnetic injury caused by certain power failures, or a computer virus. Business Income Coverage, if purchased, also applies to computer equipment, data and software.
- Employee Dishonesty. Covers your business for loss of money or property from dishonest acts by your employees.
- Business Income and Extra Expense. Reimburses you for your actual loss of business income for up to 12 consecutive months during the period of restoration following a covered loss to your property. Extra expenses needed to continue your operations, such as renting temporary office space, are also covered.
- Hired Auto and Non-Owned Auto. Provides coverage for damages you are legally obligated to pay due to bodily injury or property damage that occurs during the use of hired or non-owned vehicles used in your business.
- Building and Business Personal Property. Your policy can contains coverage to repair or replace your building and any equipment, stock, furniture or fixtures that you own. There's a lot of business property coverage that can be included such as:
- Electronic Vandalism. Designed to provide protection against several exposures connected with your computer equipment and your Web site, including: Malicious alteration or destruction of media and data, or the introduction of a virus; and The Denial of Service Attack (an electronic attack designed to overload your computer or network system, denying e-mail or Web site access by legitimate business traffic).
- Equipment Breakdown. Covers cost to repair or replace equipment, such as computers, air conditioners, phone systems and steam boilers, from loss or damage caused by mechanical breakdown or artificially generated electrical current.
- Peak Season. Provides an automatic increase to your insurance limit of up to 25% for business content to cover seasonal variations in your supply inventory or supplies.
- Business Liability. Your policy can provide your business with legal liability protection against claims of injury or damage caused to others by you or your employees. For example:
- Defense Costs. Pays legal expenses for certain liability claims brought against your business regardless of who's at fault.
- Premises and Operations Liability. Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others at your premises or as a result of your business's operations.
- Internet Liability. Personal & Advertising Injury on the Internet. Covers copyright infringement to your Internet advertising. Covers other types of liability as well, such as defamation or copyright infringement that occurs in others' advertisements on your Web site.
Other Important Coverages Available
- Commercial Auto Coverage. Protects you against financial loss resulting from accidents involving the vehicles you use in your business. Professional Insurance Associates offers valuable enhancements you won't normally find in other commercial auto policies, such as excess coverage for hired autos and the extension of liability coverage to vehicles leased in the name of an employee on your behalf and at your direction.
- Umbrella Coverage. Gives you up to $10 million of liability protection over and above the limits of other specified liability policies, including automobile liability, in your business program.
- Workers' Compensation. Workers' Compensation coverage is designed to meet your business needs. You'll have 24-hour, seven-days-a-week access to our claims reporting facility. In addition, our state-of-the-art managed care and Return-to-Work program will help you get your employees back on the job as soon as possible.
Please Note: The information contained in this website is provided solely as a source of general information and resource. It is a not a statement of contract and coverage may not apply in all areas or circumstances. For a complete description of coverages, always read the insurance policy, including all endorsements.